Tag Archives: Clifton family Lytham

Lytham Hall, Lytham

In 1606 Cuthbert Clifton bought the site of Lytham Hall and 5,500 acres of land from the Molyneux family.  He ordered the old manor house to be levelled so that he could have a new one built. This Jacobean house still exists today, connected … Continue reading

Posted in Georgian Lancashire, Historic Houses,, Stuart Lancashire | Tagged , , | 1 Comment