Tag Archives: Leyland Grammar School

Leyland’s Tudor Grammar School, South Ribble Museum

In 1524 Sir Henry Farington  gave money for a chantry to Leyland Parish Church. This was a form of trust fund to pay a priest to say regular prayers for Farington after his death. The endowment also set up a school within the church, which … Continue reading

Posted in Tudor Lancashire | Tagged , , | 4 Comments